Tuesday 18 June 2013

Watercolour week - Neil

Hi, 
Second day for our watercolour week and Neil has been playing with a new set of watercolours we've had for a few weeks: The Koh-I-noor watercolour set. He has been "road testing" them, making a beautiful Art Journal page along the way. 
This shows you a different fun way to approach art journaling... If you test all the inks/paints/watercolour/pens etc you have in your craft room this way and add a few stamps/images you "might" have, you will quickly fill a journal ;)
If you try it out, don't forget to show us ;)


I needed/wanted a new set of paints that were nice and portable so when I saw the Koh-I-Noor set it kinda just fell into my basket and to be honest I looked more at the "package" than the colour choice so when it arrived, I didn't know what the colours were like! I just loved the way they stacked LOL

TIP
The first thing I did was to add a white circle sticker to the centre well and paint the colour from the corresponding cake onto it so I would know what the colour was.

Then I had fun in my journal giving them a road test and this is the result
I added lots of little notes in pen and generally had a good time to create a fun and practical page in my journal. 




So, I laid the colours on the left page; did a wash on the right page. Laid some colour over it to see the translucency and generally played around!


I stamped the image onto card and then worked with the watercolour over it. I tried some blending, played with the pearl, which sits nicely over the stamping which is something that doesn't always work well with watercolour. Once it was dry I covered it with a couple of layers of clear UTEE and stuck it down.

Neil used:
PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella stamps: LPC024 
Archival inks: Black and Cobalt 
Clear UTEE

See you tomorrow




4 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, great pages, and still love those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for an art journal - what I need is more time!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.