Wednesday 14 August 2013

Hexagon week - Neil

Hello,
Neil's turn today....who originally started with a tag, but things evolved and got a bit out of hand.. and I'm glad it did because I looove this art journal page!
Neil also used the Tando Creative Distorted Hexagon






 To begin, I inked up a tag and used the Tando Creative mask with Grunge Paste to add the hexagons. The basic background of the page is a mop up background in pale yellows over which I layered the flowers and circles with silver paint. 
I stamped over that with the Honeycomb background in Coffee Archival ink and to finish I used Black Soot Distress ink through the mask in areas too.


 To detail the flowers I outlined them with Spiced Marmalade Distress Marker and used a water brush to blend it. I attached the tag to the page, on the right hand side only, using tissue tape so it could be flipped over for journaling. 
I used the same tape to create a tie for the tag and attached a key charm with wire. 
The butterflies were stamped and cut out then sprayed with Dylusions ink in Melted Chocolate and Squeezed Orange. I love how they've turned out looking all rusty. I attached them to the page. (Make sure that you position the one on the tap so that it won't impede the opening of the tag!)
Now it's all ready for journaling, any ideas folks?

Neil used:
Masks - Tando Creative: Distorted Hive, Leaves and Sequin Waste
IndigoBlu - Honeycomb
Dylusions inks -Melted Chocolate and Squeezed Orange

See you tomorrow


3 comments:

  1. I have that stencil but not used it yet - this may just get me going... Love your journal page Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Neil. I live how the flowers turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely page very different. love it

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.