Wednesday 26 October 2016

Mixing Media

Mixing Media



Hello everyone

A new theme this week that is
entitled Mixing Media so anything goes

 We start with

Jane Castle

who has brought us a Christmas Keepsake 
and here she is to guide us through it:

This Christmas for the special people who I send cards to 
I decided to ring the changes and make something 
they would be able to keep if they so wished.  




I began with a MDF heart which I drilled a hole in for the ribbon 
and gave an all over coat of Lake Wanaka Fresco paint. 
Then added colour with a dry brush using 
Mermaid, Snowflake and streaks of Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.



To this I then stencilled small areas from the holiday knits stencil, 
slightly curved the ‘deck the Halls’ stamp onto my block 
to the shape of the heart and stamped in Ocean Depth ink 
and clear embossed.

To the top curves I used the hanging stars and white heat embossed.



Next I stamped the main image from the set twice, once onto thick white card and then onto much thinner white card. These were stamped in black ink and then heat embossed with clear powder.



The thicker image would be the main focal point 
and the thinner card used for layering. 

I then had fun painting the stamped image with various 
Fresco Translucent paints and Distress stains.
I also added a little metallic glaze to the paints 
to give a slight glossy sheen rather than using glitter. 

This was then cut out with a craft knife.



I then felt having used the ‘Deck the Halls’ stamp 
that I needed a few extra holly leaves 
so stamped the JM28 a couple of times and 
coloured in before cutting out. 



The berries were punched out of red distress card.



The tag was stamped and heat embossed in platinum 
and the date stamped in Ocean Depth. 



The tag was threaded onto some metal effect bead and star string 
and the heart was assembled using Pinflair glue.

Now I need to find or make some boxes so I can post these !!!  Maybe cards would be simpler —— but hey, where’s the fun in that!


Materials used:



A lovely project Jane, thank you very much.  

Mickie xx














5 comments:

  1. A lovely project for your lucky friends. Great tip about adding metallic glaze. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea which I think anyone would be pleased to receive. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely keepsake Jane! Much better than a card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Mixed Media project Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.