Thursday 1 December 2016

Red and Gold

Red and Gold

Hi Everyone

The Countdown begins!
Did you remember to get
the Advent Calendars out?

To start the new month
we have a beautiful card from
Crafty Field and here she is to tell
you about it:




Red and gold is such a classic, 
I love to use it for Christmas cards 
as it gives an opulent and elegant feel.


By using a background stamp with the 
"Triple Time Stamping" technique 
you get a totally different look 
and here I have added a twist by not using 
mats behind my embossed panels but 
changing the colour of the middle panel instead.


This is how I did it:



Using embossing ink, I stamped and embossed in gold
 the Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card Ornate Floral, 
once on white card and once on red Mirri card.


From the mirri card I die-cut a 5 1/2" square 
and a 3" square from the centre.

From the white card I die-cut a 4 1/2" square 
also from the centre, trying to be as accurate
 as possible as the design is symmetric 
and will need to match up when layered.




Here I am trying the layers of embossed card 
and a piece of black ribbon. 

As you can see the stamping isn't perfect on the middle square 
(Mirri card is slippery) and this gave me idea 
to try the ribbon on top rather than under this panel 
before consigning it to the bin.


Thankfully it worked, so I added my sentiment, 
die cut from gold cardstock on top of the ribbon.




At this time of the year it is difficult to catch enough sun 
for a decent photo but I managed to catch enough rays 
to show you the shine in this close-up.



I hope I have inspired you to try this technique, 
or one of the many variations...



Supplies:




Great start to the month, thank you
Crafty Field


See you again tomorrow everyone

Mickie xx













5 comments:

  1. Clever plan for multiple card making and no wastage! Red and gold is so rich and regal looking, fab cards X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It looks like 2 pieces of the card have been used but no... only one!

      Delete
  2. Great card!!! Very clever and classy, using a perfect combination of EB and papers to highlight this beautiful unique stamp! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!! Very clever and classy, using a perfect combination of EB and papers to highlight this beautiful unique stamp! X

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.