Wednesday 21 June 2017

Acetate

Acetate



Hi There!

If you are north of the equator 
then make the most of the daylight:
it is the longest day of the year!

Sorry, but for us it will from tomorrow
be all the way downhill to the shortest
day in December.  

Don't know about anyone else but I
feel that summer has only just
started...............

Here's Jane Castle with a really
delightful card to keep our spirits up


"For my project today I had a pretty
 good idea of what I wanted 
the finished card to look like 
and I learnt a few things along the way!

The first being how difficult embossed 
acetate is to photograph.....


To begin with I started with a 15cm x 15cm 
card blank which I placed on my cutting mat 
open with the fold at the top. 

I then measured 7cm down from 
the fold and cut the bottom part off. 

From the spare piece I measured 4cm,
 cut this part off and kept this safe with the card.

I then cut a strip wider than I needed 
from my heat resistant acetate and using 
various stamps from Tracey Scott's 01 stamp set 
and heat embossed the images using white EP.


Next using various colours of Ranger's Enamel Accents
I added colour to some of the circles.

I found that the Enamel Accents flowed/spread 
more on the acetate than they do on card stock, 
so not only do you not need to add quite 
as much as you would normally to a project 
it also doesn't stay as domed in the centre.


Using another stamp from the same set 
and Versa-Magic ink in Sage I stamped 
along the edges of the card that would 
frame the acetate insert. 

Happy Birthday was stamped in the same ink 
onto a spare piece of white card.

After deciding on the position of the acetate 
I also felt colour was needed behind the acetate.


Having roughly cut the acetate to size 
I found out that the Enamel Accents don't 
cut with a craft knife when on acetate!! 

Luckily I had enough spare acetate 
so I could avoid cutting through any areas 
of enamel.

I found the easiest way to attach the acetate 
to the card was to secure the acetate 
to my cutting mat with masking tape, 
place double sided tape on the card and then 
bring the card down onto the acetate.

I then trimmed the sides to match 
the size of the card.

Before securing the distress card to the 
inside of the card I lightly sanded the area that 
would be behind the acetate and stamped 
an image on the other side to show 
when the card was opened.


The front of the card was then decorated 
with the Enamel Accents.


I love the vibrant colours of the Accents 
and I can see many possibilities for 
using them; especially on Christmas projects------ 
Sorry I know we're only just getting into Summer!!"

Items Used

Ranger Wendy Vecchi Enamel Accents in Cactus Flower and Potting Soil
Ranger Enamel Accents in Classic Cherry and Caribbean Coast


Thank you Jane - glad to 
see you are thinking ahead too!

Don't worry folks we might yet
have a lot of summer to enjoy.

Of course for all of you in the southern
hemisphere - we hope your winter is
as mild as ours was........!!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx





7 comments:

  1. I've been looking for heat resistant acetate...great timing..thanks. Great card from Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how these things seem to connect every now and again! Enjoy playing when it arrives X

      Delete
  2. A lovely elegant card and a really versatile style xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, looks good with stamped clocks too! X

      Delete
  3. Brilliant card, so love this technique. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, glad you like it. Made a similar card for my niece using a deep coral coloured card and just the garden patina enamel accents and it really popped! X

      Delete
  4. Great card Jane, very classy and a great way to combine acetate and these enamel dots! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.