Wednesday 22 November 2017

Mechanical Greetings

Mechanical Greetings


Hi Everyone!


Brrr!  It is getting chilly out
there now.   Time to snuggle
up to the fire............. should 
have bought some muffins
(the ones that are a bit like
pancakes of course).  

Now when I say mechanical
greetings I probably mean
kinetic greetings but either
way movement is involved!

To start us off, Angela Radford
 has come with a greeting card 
that is just right for the 
mantelpiece ...........


Hi all, Angela here to show you one
 of my favourite ways of getting
 movement in my cards.



 I started with a sheet of watercolour paper
 but lightweight card would work too. 

Use your distress inks on a craft mat and
 smoosh the card through it until you
 get a light coverage.


 Once this was dry I used a Paper Artsy Christmas
 stencil by Kay Carley with several colours of 
Distress Oxides.



Looks okay but I just couldn't resist adding more!



So clear Gel medium next through
 the same stencil and allow it to dry.


 Now at this stage I could not decide on the
 colours I wanted to use so cut the paper 
into two and then added the colours with 
Distress Oxides.

Splatter water over the colour and 
allow to activate and dab off.



And here are the two samples.

 If you buff the card a little the gelled 
areas will show up more.



 I couldn't resist it! One more technique: 

Splatter thinned paint onto the surface
 and allow it to dry.



At this stage I folded the front of a card blank
 to make a Z fold card and layered this with
 the Masterboard and matching coloured card. 

You will also need a piece of card for the front 
slightly smaller than the size of your chosen
 card blank. 

This front section is not completed
 at this stage as can be seen below.


Now for the fun part using the Elenazinski 
Christmas set 19. 

Stamp these onto card and heat emboss 
with clear embossing powder.

 How cute are they?!


Next the colouring.
 I like to use watercolour pencils for this. 

When these were dry I also added 
glaze to the eyes.


Now cut three strips of clear acetate and
 attach three of the figures to this and the 
other two on each side of the front section. 

I also stamped the sentiment at this stage.



Turn the front section over and attach
 the acetate strip to the back with the 
stamped figures facing you.



Turn this over and bend the acetate 
towards you. Use a bone folder to smooth
 the acetate into position and then it 
can be mounted onto the white card 
and attached to the front.


And here is the finished card. 

It only takes a little draught to make 
these little guys wobble which I just love.


A side view of the Christmas family
 sending their sentiment. 



Hope you enjoyed watching me make 
this fun card xXx


Products used for the Mechanical Family


Such a fun card!  Thank you
so much Angela

I could just see them bobbing about
on my mantelpiece ......... you
have to hand it to PaperArtsy, they
come up trumps every time ....

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.